Join our growing team
Do you find yourself elbow deep in a machine trying to understand how it works?
We’re your type of people.
Working at Volta
We’re a passionate team of problem solvers who don’t mind getting down to the nitty-gritty. We like to get our hands dirty and build systems that work really, really well.
Join us at a growing company using proven technology in never-been-done-before applications.
This position is responsible for the design and development of electrical energy power systems. This position reports to the Engineering Manager.
- Develops, establishes and executes all Engineering systems required in the development of both new and existing products produced by the organization.
- Evaluates electrical systems, products, components, and applications by designing and conducting research programs, applying knowledge of electricity and materials.
- Confirms system’s and components’ capabilities by designing testing methods; testing properties.
- Develops electrical products by studying customer requirements; researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials.
- Develops manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for building and assembling electrical components, soliciting observations from operators.
- Assures product quality by designing electrical testing methods; testing finished products and system capabilities.
- Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
- Keeps equipment operational by following manufacturer’s instructions and established procedures; requesting repair service.
- Maintains product data base by writing computer programs; entering data.
- Completes projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Works upon new product development regarding design and product features.
- Ensures that product design documents are complete, blueprints are finalized, and standards meet regulatory requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with 5 to 10 years of related work experience is required.
Relevant automotive Engineering experience (5 years minimum).
Must have strong mechanical/technical skills including the ability to work in a self-directed work environment.
Experience with both ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 (2015) is helpful.
Must have knowledge and experience in Lean Manufacturing methods.
Proficient in use of computer and common office software is required (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
Knowledge of statistical concepts, design of experiments and problem-solving methodology is required.
Experience with Engineering Software Programs (i.e. Solid Works, etc.)
Experience working directly with customer and suppliers is helpful.
The position is located in a single shift manufacturing facility. Travel to customer, corporate, and supplier sites will be involved. The position may require work with potentially hazardous products and equipment in a controlled, safe environment.
Software Tools Engineer
Volta Power Systems is a manufacturer of auxiliary battery systems for a wide variety of industries. As part of the manufacturing process various software tools are needed to facilitate testing, parts flashing, usability and work-flow improvements. We require a software tools engineer that can create custom GUIs and back-ends that can be used for our needs in manufacturing battery systems.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Experience in software development in C#.
- Understanding of CAN communication is a plus.
- Experience in Python development (both GUI and back-end)
- Understanding of serial communication.
- Experience with Scrum/Agile software development methodologies.
- Experience with Git source control.
- Minimum of 3 years working experience.
- BS in computer science or related field.