Join our growing team
Do you find yourself elbow deep in a machine trying to understand how it works?
We’re your type of people.
Working at Volta
We’re a passionate team of problem solvers who don’t mind getting down to the nitty-gritty. We like to get our hands dirty and build systems that work really, really well.
Join us at a growing company using proven technology in never-been-done-before applications.
This position is responsible for the assembly of energy power storage systems in the manufacturing process area. These responsibilities cover multiple products and production operations. The position reports to the Production Manager.
- Interpret technical documents, such as diagrams, schematics, blueprints, or other verbal or written instructions.
- Work with other members of the line or group in order to assemble energy storage systems.
- Test, calibrate, and fit parts and mechanisms to meet product specifications.
- Identify any defective items and handle according to established procedures.
- Ensure completion of each part, at each workstation, within established takt time and quality standards.
- Conduct all work activities following company safety policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Production Manager.
Qualifications and Skills:
- High school diploma or GED.
- A minimum of 1 to 3 years of manufacturing assembly experience (preferred).
- Knowledge and experience with basic hand tools (wrenches, ratchets, screwdrivers, clamps, torque wrench, etc.)
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to follow written work instructions, including basic electrical diagrams.
- Ability to use measuring equipment (torque wrench, electrical multi-meter, etc.)
- Must have good eyesight, including depth perception, peripheral vision, and ability to differentiate between colors.
- Must be able to pass the Ishihara Color Test.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination.
- Ability to repeatedly lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to climb ladders or stairs.
- Willing to perform repetitive tasks while sitting or standing for extended periods of time (up to 8 to 10 hours per day).
This position is located in a single shift production facility. The position may require work with potentially hazardous products in a controlled, safe environment.